#9PercentIsNotEnough Conference and Workshops
Overcoming barriers to inspire, attract, recruit and retain more women in engineering and technology
23 June 2017 | IET Birmingham: Austin Court
In October 2016, the IET launched its social media campaign #9PercentIsNotEnough to highlight the fact that currently only 9% of the UK’s engineering and technology workforce are female.
In June 2017 the #9PercentIsNotEnough Conference will provide a platform for sharing best practice on how to inspire, attract, recruit and retain women into the engineering and technology sectors.
Timed to coincide with the International Women In Engineering Day, this one-day business conference will showcase real, practical solutions to the challenges we all know about – plus networking during the day and in the evening drinks reception.
- Mark Elborne, President & CEO, GE UK & Ireland
- Jeremy Watson, President, The IET
- Nadia Savage, Director, Laing O’Rourke
- Amanda Murphy, Senior Future Talent Acquisition Consultant, Jaguar Land Rover
- Julie Holyland, Learning and Talent Development Lead, Siemens
- Clare Wildfire, Chair, Advance Network and Global Practice Lead for Cities, Mott MacDonald
- Eva Fryc, Employer Support Manager – Midlands, EngineeringUK
- Rebecca Hourston, Managing Director and Head of Coaching Programme, Talking Talent
- Dawn Elson, Group Engineering Director, Merlin Entertainments
- Marguerite Ulrich, Chief HR Officer, Veolia UK and Ireland
- Nike Folayan, Chairperson, Association For Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers
- Dawn Bonfield, Director, Towards Vision
- Peter Flint, Chief Executive, Building + Places EMIA, AECOM
Who should attend?
This conference is aimed at anyone within an organisation, who is responsible for the recruitment, retention and development of women in STEM.
All attendees - £150