Cyber Essentials Fundamentals 2018
Prove to your customers that your business is cyber secure
28 - 29 March 2018 | IET London: Savoy Place
About the event
Why Cyber Essentials?
Stories of organisations exposing customers’ information to cyber threats continue to create headlines in the media.
The UK Government’s Cyber Essentials Scheme was developed to ensure that organisations not only maintain a robust cyber security stance but can demonstrate this to their stakeholders.
Additionally, anyone bidding for contracts that involve handling sensitive and personal information is required by the Government to be Cyber Essentials certified.
This training will equip you with:
- The necessary knowledge and skills to manage cyber security risks in your organisation
- Examples of how to identify and mitigate cyber threats
- A clear understanding of cyber security risks in the corporate environment, and how to implement network security measures and best practice
- Post-training support from MASS to ensure you remain Cyber Essentials certified
Learn the five security controls
The scheme’s five security controls prevent around 80% of cyber-attacks. The controls covered in this course are:
- Secure configuration
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Access control and administrative privilege management
- Patch management
- Malware protection
New Module on the GDPR
This module will discuss the key principles that all organisations will be required to comply with when they process personal data, what the scope of this regulation covers, explaining what personal data is and what additional rights a data subject will have under this regulation including the ‘right to be forgotten’.
You will learn the actions a company will need to make once they discover a data breach and changes in the fines a company can now face.