The 12th International Conference on System Safety and Cyber Security
30 October - 1 November 2017 | IET London: Savoy Place
Information for contributors – submitting an abstract, presentation and paper
The organising committee encourages experts to submit abstracts focusing on real business case studies / scenarios, innovative tools and techniques and report on work completed or nearing final stages, or efforts that have concluded with an important outcome of interest.
Please do not submit any sales pitches as they will be rejected.
This year contributors have two options:
- Submit the abstract and Power Point presentation (participation is free but subject to confirmation by the conference committee). In this case delivered Power Point presentations will be published in the IET Digital Library only
- Submit the abstract, Power Point Presentation and full peer-reviewed paper. Contributors should register at the discounted presenting speaker rate and their full papers will be published in IET Inspec and the conference proceedings (subject to confirmation by the conference committee). Best papers will be recommended for publishing in the IET Journal - Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory & Applications
|Abstract submission deadline||15 May 2017|
|Speaker notification||20 June 2017|
|Submission of full papers||30 August 2017|
|Speaker notification||20 September 2017|
|Speaker registration||1 October 2017|
|Presentation submission deadline||15 October 2017|
The submission process
Experts wishing to submit papers and present at the IET System Safety and Cyber Security Conference are required to submit an abstract for consideration by the Conference’s Committee.
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper for a second review by the committee if they would like to publish their papers after the conference.
Selected speakers will be invited to attend and present their work at the IET System Safety and Cyber Security Conference as either a PowerPoint Presentation or poster display.
Writing an abstract
- Download submission template
- Abstracts are required for all submissions. Abstracts must be submitted using the call for contributions template provided. Please ensure all text / diagrams fit within the template and use Times New Roman or Arial font, size 10
- Abstracts must be submitted by 15 May 2017 if they are to be considered for the conference
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
Submitting your abstract
Please, send your abstracts (up to 500 words) to the Event Producer - Olexander Hryb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include the following information in your email:
- Your prepared abstract file of no more than 500 words, using the abstract template form provided, including title, names, affiliations and abstract in word format (file size maximum 2MB)
- Your preferred topic area is chosen from the conference technical scope
- A 35 word (approx) biography of the speaker
Note: The technical programme committee reserves the right to change the authors' choice of topic area
Should your abstract be accepted please take note of the key dates at the top of this page, either for a Power Point presentation or the full paper (to be published) deadline.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by 1 October 2017 to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
Authors presenting and publishing more than two papers must pay the additional paper fee. The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation or the paper will not be published.
The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event.
It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes.
By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods.
You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.
Member - £595
Non-member - £695