The 12th International Conference on System Safety and Cyber Security
30 October - 1 November 2017 | IET London: Savoy Place
SSCS 2017 attracted over one hundred delegates at the only event of its kind in the UK where both safety and security engineers can meet, network and share best practice between the two disciplines.
The IET Safety and Cyber Security networks joined their efforts and pledged at the event to create a new Code of Practice that would combine safety and security standards for the first time.
Sessions at the conference focused on integrating safety and cyber security, implementing and adopting security approaches, system and software safety.
“This year’s conference provides a full programme of presentations that address the two most significant problems for the engineering of complex systems.”
Professor Chris Johnson, Head of Computing Science, University of Glasgow
SSCS 2017 Conference Chair
Here, three of the UK’s leading security experts gave a taster of their talks at the IET’s System Safety and Cyber Security conference, where they examined why the UK needs to improve its national cybersecurity strategy, and what organisations can do to protect their business assets.
- Chris Hankin, Co-Director, Institute for Security Science and Technology
- Angela Sasse, Director of the UK Research Institute in Science of Cyber Security
- Air Commodore Bruce Wynn, Independent Cyber Consultant and Special Advisor (Cyber) to the City of London Police
- Sarabjit Purewal, Head of Operations in the Chemicals sector of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Health and Safety Executive
- Ian Dreelan, Assistant Coroner for Birmingham and Solihull / The Niteworks Partnership
- Audrey Canning & Ron Bell, Co-Chairs of International Maintenance Teams dealing with Edition 3 of IEC 61508
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning the latest research and best practice in system safety and cyber security. We expect representatives from both industry and academia, including:
- Directors, Compliance Officers
- Head of Systems and Software
- Product Assurance Safety Managers
- System Engineer Architects
- Cyber Security Managers
- Principal Consultants
- Senior Lecturers
- Engineering Managers
- Cyber Engineers
Member - £595
Non-member - £695