Railway Earthing and Bonding
Principles and requirements for railway application
19 – 20 September 2017 | Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, UK
About the conference
Railway Earthing and Bonding is a new 2 day conference that will provide information and clarity on what is a fundamental aspect of railway design and safety.
The conference will start by providing a comprehensive overview of the Fundamentals of Railway Earthing and electrical risk management whilst outlining the core design principles for traction supply earthing, electrical supply and critical infrastructure and equipment.
Following this, the conference will move more towards Earthing in Practice, providing delegates with practical information and guidance on the key challenges and issues faced when earthing within a fully operational railway environment.
Practical examples, case studies and insights into lessons learned will be provided throughout by a host of expert speakers with experience of managing and developing earthing systems across the UK.
Key topics include:
- Overview of earthing requirements
- Fundamentals of earthing and bonding for AC and DC railways
- Key design principles and challenges for power supply and infrastructure
- Review of changes to relevant standards and key requirements for meeting safety levels
- The challenges of integration and interactions between systems
- Insights into incoming supply and grid connections
View the programme page for more information on the topics that will be covered.
Member - £499
Non-member - £599
Student - £299