3rd International IET/SynbiCITE Engineering Biology Conference 2017
Synthetic biology driving industrial translation in the bioeconomy
12 – 13 December 2017 | IET London: Savoy Place
About the conference
The IET and the UK’s National Industrial Translation Centre for Synthetic Biology, SynbiCITE have teamed up again to bring you an inspirational conference in the revolutionary field of engineering biology.
Synthetic biology is a young and interdisciplinary field of research in the life sciences. It is already revolutionising a number of fields using tools and concepts from physics, engineering and computer science to build new biological systems.
The 3rd International IET /SynbiCITE Conference on Engineering Biology 2017 will provide a focal point for the international synthetic biology community to congregate and share cutting edge research in engineering biology and how these findings are being commercialised and adopted by industry.
Key themes include:
- Building our Industrial Strategy: green paper
- Model-based design and computational tools
- Genome engineering – CRISPR/CAS9
- Fermentation Scalability
- Automation / Robotics
- ICT and data handling
- Bio economics
- Policy matters
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the latest international research in engineering in biology and discover how these disruptive game-changing technologies are being adopted by industry
- Find out about the potential impacts of synthetic biology on biodiversity and how it can reduce energy use and costs
- Be part of a networking and discussion platform with international participants who are already involved in synthetic biology research or with those who are going to venture into it
There will be more than 15 sessions at the 3rd International IET/SynbiCITE Engineering Biology Conference 2017 featuring leading researchers and industry experts from around the world.
What people said about the 2nd International IET/SynbiCITE Engineering Biology Conference 2016
"Highly stimulating conference, easy access to the speakers and superb location in London."
"I was particularly delighted to attend a conference that emphasised the engineering aspects of synthetic/engineering biology and its translation, attracting significant contributions from a wide spread of leading experts, national and international. The IET provided an excellent venue to showcase the rapid advances continuing to be made in topic and to demonstrate the strong support for its advancement in the UK."
"The quality of the speakers was extremely high! Very enjoyable."
"Some excellent talks in a great location and enjoyed being able to choose a more appropriate theme of talks to listen to for the split sessions. Also a nice range of talks and excellent student price."
Early Bird Member - £325
Early Bird Non-member - £395
Standard Member - £375
Standard Non-member - £475
Faculty / Post Doc - £300
Student - £150