FIRST LEGO League International Open Championship
21 - 25 June 2017 | Bath, UK
Why FIRST® LEGO® League International Open Championship (IOC)?
The FIRST® LEGO® League International Open Championship (IOC) provides a unique opportunity for your organisation to become involved in a vibrant, highly publicised festival of young people aged 9-16 years from around the world and their incredible achievements in the field of science, technology, robotics and computer programming. Through the competition, participants work in a team and develop life skills at a speed far greater than can be achieved in any formal education.
The FIRST® LEGO® League IOC will run over four days with exciting action in the robot arena, 100 amazing projects from around the world on display in the Competitors Hall and a large interactive exhibition in the STEM Hall where we invite your company to take a stand.
Please review our sponsorship leaflet:FIRST LEGO League Open Championship sponsorship leaflet [519 k]
Supporting this event gives your organisation the opportunity to:
- Meet and actively engage with more than 700 young people (aged 9-16 years) and over 500 teachers, mentors and adult supporters who have an interest in engineering and technology.
- Have an exhibition stand at the event to promote your organisation and build relationships with the engineering talent of the future.
- Publicise your company logo on associated marketing material.
- Demonstrate engineering as a career choice and the role of your organisation within the sector.
- Be acknowledged as a Sponsor in national and local media coverage.
- Feature on IET.tv live coverage (a key element of the event publicity), which aims to reach over 100,000 viewers online.
- Promotion of your company on a dedicated event page on the IET website.
Please note: a recording of the 2016 FLL UK and Ireland Final can be viewed at www.theiet.org/tv
Facts from the 2016 FIRST LEGO League IOC:
The 2016 FIRST LEGO League IOC was held in Tenerife and was attended by 116 teams from 40 countries with a total of 2500 attendees. The event created:
- 11 TV appearances - 1,994,000 impacts
- 21 radio interventions - 7,208,600 impacts
- 138 digital appearances - 421,455,583 impacts
- 36 press releases - 3,034,000 impacts
117 posts - 1,192 members
1,500 tweets - 498 followers
2.400.000 (estimated impacts)
- INSTAGRAM #flloec2016
56 multimedia: videos & photos 403 followers
115.626 (estimated impressions)