15th edition of the UK’s leading event for Milsatcom professionals
IET Milsatcoms is one of the leading events for the military satellite community.
The conference is an outstanding opportunity to hear briefs from industry and government experts, consider new case studies and to engage in discussions on the latest technology for secure and seamless Milsatcom delivery.
New: four dedicated workshops provided military end-users with exciting opportunities to learn latest techniques in anti-jamming, improved battle-space connectivity / awareness and practical application of nanosatellite technology.
IET Milsatcoms 2017 conference and workshop equals unbiased technical insight and excellent networking opportunities.
Jeanette van Halteren
Squadron Leader, OC Operations, Squadron 90 Signal Unit, RAF
Cdr David Moody
Royal Navy and Joint Forces Command Capability, MoD UK
Managing Director & UK Chair, Society of Satellite Professionals International
- Neil Fraser, Chair of UK Space Security and Defence Committee / Head of Space & Comms, ViaSat UK
- Dave Davies, Senior Systems Engineer, VT iDirect
- Sqn Ldr Chris Dunn, Space Lead, Air Warfare School, RAF
Chaired by Gerard Donelan
Vice President Defence & Security, SES (chairman)
The conference programme will feature a mix of carefully selected topics covered by military and industry expert speakers:
- UK MoD’s strategic satellite communications capability development in the context of the proposed new UK space strategy
- Global technology review: space wars - the battle for space supremacy
- Deployable comms at a time of conflict: how to scale up services as demand goes up in the battlespace
- Past and future UK Milsatcoms systems: next-generation milsatcom trends – HTS, multi-mission satellites, digital payloads, laser communications
- Case studies: how satellites of the future can secure borders and improve welfare of deployed military personnel
- Panel discussions: future of Milsatcoms in the context of international co-operation and global insecurity / Challenges to the military end-users in context of increasing dominance of commercial sector in the satellite industry worldwide
Sponsors and exhibitors