The 9th International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives
17 - 19 April 2018 | Liverpool ACC, Liverpool, UK
The organising committee encourages authors to submit abstracts focussing on real business case studies / scenarios, innovative tools and techniques and report on work completed or nearing final stages, or efforts that have concluded with an important outcome of interest.
Please do not submit any sales pitches as they will be rejected.
|Abstract submission deadline||14 July 2017|
|Author notification||3 November 2017|
|Submission of full papers||12 January 2018|
|Author notification||14 February 2018|
|Author registration||14 March 2018|
|Presentation submission deadline||30 March 2018|
The submission process
Authors wishing to submit papers and present at PEMD 2018 are required to submit an abstract for consideration by the Conference’s Technical Programme Committee.
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper for a second review by the committee.
Successful authors of full papers will then be invited to attend and present their work at the PEMD 2018 as a either a PowerPoint Presentation or poster display.
Writing an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted by 14 July 2017 if they are to be considered for the conference
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
Before submission, make sure that the following material is ready:
- Your abstract title, all authors’ names, affiliations and a 35 word (approx) biography
- Your prepared abstract using Normal style text of no more than two sides of A4 including diagrams use Times New Roman or Arial font, size 10.
- Your preferred topic area is chosen from the conference technical scope*
*The technical programme committee reserves the right to change the authors' choice of topic area
Submitting your abstract
Step 1: Login or Register as a new user
- Enter the online submission system
- Click on “Sign up” and enter your email address / password
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to activate your account
Step 2: Submit your abstract
- Enter the online submission system
- At the MySubmissions dashboard, select “Add submission”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete all fields
- Tip: Use the preview button as you go to view your abstract file and check information is correct
- During the submission process please download the “Licence to Publish Form”. You can complete this at a later stage however it must be uploaded to the system before the full paper deadline (12 January 2018)
- Once all fields are complete, you will be sent a confirmation email containing your submission reference number. Please use this reference number in all correspondence with the organisers
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same user account
Should your abstract be accepted please take note of the key dates at the top of this page, in particular the full paper deadline.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by 14 March 2018, to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
Authors presenting more than two papers must pay the additional paper fee. The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation or the paper will not be published.
The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event.
It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes.
By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods.
You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.
What people say about PEMD
“All in all a very good conference and great experience.”
“Good participation from all over the world. A good opportunity to connect with many people around the world.”
“PEMD is one of the best power electronics events.”
“It’s the only UK conference in power electronics and machines which brings the community together.”
PEMD 2018 took place in Glasgow featuring over 250 peer-reviewed and published papers on key industry themes including:
- HF converter applications
- Induction machines
- Aerospace systems
- HVDC and converters
- Wind power (onshore and offshore)
- Industrial applications
We welcomed over 400 power system specialists from both industry and academia in 35 different countries.
Member - from £599
Non-member - from £699
Student - from £499
Author - from £519