The 8th International Conference on Railway Engineering
16 - 17 May 2018 | IET London: Savoy Place
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper to the conference.
The online submission system is now open for the submission of full papers which must be submitted by 29 January 2018.
Use of the full paper template is mandatory and only full papers following the instructions provided below will be considered.
Please leave enough time when writing your paper for your company or employer’s approval / review if this required.
Key dates for your diary
Submission of full papers
Monday 29 January 2018
Notification of full paper acceptance
Monday 5 March 2018
Monday 2 April 2018
Submission of presentation slides for oral presenters
Monday 23 April 2018
16 - 17 May 2018
Writing a full paper
Please use full paper template
- Full papers are required for both oral and poster presentations. Full papers must be submitted using the template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template
- All final papers must be submitted in PDF format according to the instructions within the full paper template
- Your paper should not exceed 6 side of A4 paper
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
- Full papers must be submitted by 29 January 2018
Submitting a full paper
Check very carefully that all the information you have provided is correct.
Here is a checklist of what you should have provided and how to submit your full paper:
- Access the online submission system. Please use the reset password service if you have forgotten your password.
- Click on the Edit button
- Check the title is still correct
- Browse to upload or drag and drop your full paper PDF
- Ensure all authors are listed correctly, including the presenting author(s)
- Ensure affiliations are correct. This is for the organisation you represent, e.g. London Power Associates Ltd.
- Click Submit to complete. You will then receive a confirmation email
If we do not receive your full paper by 29 January 2018 we will assume you no longer wish to participate in the conference and will be removed from the programme.
Reviewing of a full paper
All full papers are subject to review by the Technical Programme Committee.
You will receive a confirmation after this review has been completed to re-confirm your place in the programme.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by 02 April 2018, to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
Authors may only register against a maximum of two papers. Authors presenting more than two papers must pay the additional paper fee.
The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation or the paper will not be published.
Each paper should be the authors’ original work and previously unpublished in the form submitted.
Permission to publish
In submitting a paper to ICRE 2018, the IET requests authors to return a licence to publish form for the submitted work.
The form must be signed by at least one of the authors.
The form can be uploaded to the submission system at paper submission stage. Alternatively, you can send the complete form to us:
Please insert your paper title and abstract or serial number in the appropriate place, sign and return the form to the event organisers by any of the following methods:
The IET - Event Services
Michael Faraday House
Six Hills Way
Fax: +44 (0)1438 765 659
Authors reserve the following rights:
- All copyright
- All proprietary rights, such as patent right
The IET will hold the copyright for the collection of papers, or Proceedings.
If the paper is Crown or US Government copyright please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the appropriate publishing agreement form.
If the IET does not receive one of the above signed forms, we will be unable to publish the paper in the conference proceedings, INSPEC or IEEE Xplore.
The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.