Bridging the technology gaps in local transport
9 May 2017 | IET Birmingham: Austin Court
Local Authorities and network operators are under pressure to implement new technologies to satisfy the increasing demand for innovative and customer-friendly transport services. This is being delivered against a backdrop of reductions in budgets and resources.
Join the IET and ITS UK for a day that explores how current and emerging transport technology can help overcome the challenges in the implementation of cost-effective ITS solutions in local transport.
New to RTIC-interactive! is a revamped event format, showcasing real-world case studies, panel discussions and round-table workshops and technology start-up ‘elevator pitches’. Facilitated networking will allow for an in-depth and impartial discussion.
Confirmed speakers and panellists
Head of the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Darren Capes, Transport Systems Manager, City of York Council
- Neil Fulton, Programme Director, Transport Systems Catapult
- Chris Lane, Head of Smart Travel, Transport for West Midlands
- Phillip Proctor, Future Technologies Team Leader, Highways England
- Simon Reed, Head of Technology and Data, Surface Transport, TfL
- Bath & North Somerset Council
- Birmingham City Council
- City of York Council
- Coventry City Council
- Derbyshire County Council
- Highways England
- Milton Keynes City Council
- Norfolk County Council
- Staffordshire City Council
- Transport for London
- Transport for West Midlands
In association with