Safety Critical Systems Course (SCS) 2017
Managing systems, hardware, software and human factors safely
19 - 22 June 2017 | Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire, UK
About the event
Back by popular demand, the IET’s 25th Safety Critical Systems Course will take place on 19 – 22 June 2017 at Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire.
Delegates attending this course will learn how to interpret and apply IEC 61508 through tutorials, practical workshops and discussions, all are delivered by a host of safety critical system experts from industry and academia.
Themes for the course include an introduction to IEC 61508, risk concepts & IEC 61508 standards, hardware architectures & safety assurance and software safety.
There will be more than 20 sessions at SCS course, featuring leading industry experts from all around the UK.
Course day modules will cover:
- Introduction to IEC 61508
- Sils and hardware
- Management, operations and maintenance
- Competence and software safety
Chairman and course leader:
- Ron Bell, Director, Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd
Other speakers include:
- Martin Goose, ChemEnvoy, Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Bill Black, Blacksafe Consulting Ltd
- Simon Burwood, Technical Director, Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd
- Peter Wyman, I&C Lead Engineer, Horizon Nuclear Power
- John Birch, Chief Engineer, Functional Safety, HORIBA MIRA
- Rhys David, Safety Assurance Services Ltd
- David Green, Engineering Manager, Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd
- Ron Pierce, Independent Functional Safety Consultant
What people say about SSCS Course
"The course provided an excellent overview of the required standards"
"The course provided me with a very valuable introduction to safety critical systems"
"The course provided an opportunity to refresh my knowledge of IEC 61508 and its application"
"I enjoyed the course and it met my expectations"
"Good course; good information"
"Overall the course was beneficial to me and well organised"
What's included in the course registration?
- Course notes
- A copy of the 61508 standard on USB
- Accommodation at Wyboston Lakes*
- Access to facilities at Wyboston Lakes
- Meals whilst onsite including the Course Dinner
- Certificate of attendance (21 CPD points)
*Residential registrations only
This course is supported by the IET Academy
IET Academy - a flexible way to undertake your CPD and demonstrate your expertise
Whatever your career stage, the IET Academy provides flexible, e-learning courses for you across a broad range of technical and professional topics.
Whether you need to quickly bring your skills up-to-date in a specific subject area, maintain your CPD requirements for your employer, or as an IET member, or are looking to find a training solution for your team or company, the IET Academy provides a rich multi-media learning experience, proven to deliver results.
All courses are written by leading academic and industry organisations and are available as bite size units or full courses allowing you to fit in your training around your working day.
Initial courses will cover power engineering, mobile communications, railway safety, cyber security and engineering ethics.
Member - from £1299
Non-member - from £1699