The Tenth International Conference on Computational Electromagnetics
19 - 20 June 2019 | Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
Author information - submitting a paper
Those wishing to present at CEM 2019 are required to submit a paper for consideration by the Conference’s Technical Programme Committee.
Papers should focus on new research in the broad field of computational electromagnetics including, techniques, applications, real business case studies/scenarios, innovative tools and techniques and report on work completed or nearing final stages, or efforts that have concluded with an important outcome of interest.
Commercial publications will be rejected. This includes papers that focus on details of a specific commercial tool. However, papers that use a commercial simulation tool but focus on an application or algorithmic advance are encouraged.
The working language of the conference is English.
|Paper submission deadline (+ licence to publish)||6 January 2019|
|Author notification||w/c 11 February 2019|
|Author registration deadline||19 April 2019|
|Presentation submission deadline||3 June 2019|
Before submission, please have the following materials ready:
- Your paper in the paper template
- Your preferred topic area as chosen from the conference technical scope*
*The technical programme committee reserve the right to change the authors' choice of topic area.
Writing a paper
Please use the paper template
- Papers must be submitted using the template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template
- All final papers must be submitted in PDF format according to the instructions within the paper template
- Your paper should be at least 2 sides and should not exceed 6 sides of A4 paper
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
- Papers must be submitted by 6 January 2019
Step 1: Register as a new user
- Enter the online submission system
- Click on “Sign up” and enter your email address / password
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to activate your account
Step 2: Submitting your paper
- Login to the submission system
- At the MySubmissions dashboard, select “Add submission”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete all fields
- Tip: Use the preview button as you go and check information is correct
- During the submission process please download the “Licence to Publish Form”. It must be uploaded to the system before the paper deadline (6 January 2019)
- Once all fields are complete, you will be sent a confirmation email containing your submission reference number. Please use this reference number in all correspondence with the organisers
- If you are submitting more than one paper you can use the same user account
What happens next…
- Following the review of papers, successful authors will be invited to make small amends to their papers based on the reviewer’s comments if necessary.
- Successful authors will be invited to attend and present their work at CEM 2019 with an Enhanced Poster presentation. Each successful author will give a 1 minute, 1 slide presentation on their poster prior to the poster session. This ensures that all attendees understand the key elements of the background, method, findings and conclusion of your work prior to the poster session.
- All successful authors need to pay the author rate to attend the conference by 19 April 2019. Authors must pay an additional paper fee for each paper over their first two.
- The author must be present at the conference to present the submission or the paper will not be published.
- A number of authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a Special Issue of IET Science, Measurement & Technology journal, to be published in February 2020. The selection will be made by the Technical Programme Committee based on the quality of the paper, its potential for wider impact, and the significance of its contribution to knowledge. The submission deadline for the extended papers will be 1 August 2019.
- The IET cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Thank you for your submission and good luck!
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event. It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes. By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods. You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.
Member from - £574.80
Non-member from - £670.80
Author from - £478.80
Student from - £298.80
Retired from - £298.80