Ethics for Engineers
This highly interactive, engaging course will give you a deeper, richer understanding of your work, along with and some practical skills which you can use to make better, more ethical decisions. It is useful to engineers at any stage of their career but may be of particular interest to those who are considering taking the step up to Chartered status and want to develop their professional judgment in order to take on increased responsibility with confidence.
- Using a range of case studies and innovative, practical exercises, you will explore topics including:
- Professional duties to clients and the public.
- Ethical principles including honesty, integrity, confidentiality, responsibility, impartiality and fairness.
- Ethics in commercial environments.
- The role of the code of ethics.
- Issues raised by cultural differences and international work.
- Equity and discrimination.
- Environmental responsibility.
Throughout the day, facilitated discussion of problems and case studies will enable you to practice identifying and dealing with ethical issues.
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
05 Sep 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm