Art of Being Assertive - live e-class
This introductory session aims to provide you with the basic skills to be more assertive, to ensure that your opinions are counted and that you can take control of your work/life balance.
Many of us find it difficult to say no. This often results in us being weighed down with extra work and ultimately feeling under pressure and undervalued.
This introductory session would benefit anyone who finds it difficult to be assertive in situations or has to deal with people who are either too passive or aggressive.
- What is assertiveness?
- Aggressive/submissive behaviour
- Body language and personal space
- Voice elements
- 3 Steps to assertive behaviour
- Describe and demonstrate the techniques used to effectively handle aggressive and submissive behaviours
- Identify the key points of the assertiveness definition, using the slides
- Correctly explain the 3 steps to assertive behaviour
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
12 Jul 2021
10:30am - 12:00pm
Membership and Professional Development