Extreme weather adaptation - managing risk for a resilient future
Management Section Symposium 2022
The prosperity of the present Hong Kong is in part thanks to its unique geographical location. Although she was a small fishing village located in the rim of the South China Sea, she has been free from volcanic or any destructive seismic activities nearby. Yet, she has not been immune to the global climate change.
“Mangkhut” which made its destructive way across Hong Kong in September 2018 was not considered an isolated case. It has been envisaged that typhoons of similar intensity hitting Hong Kong and potentially causing flooding, landslides, damages to buildings and structures, power interruptions resulting in great economic losses would not be uncommon in the years to come.
As engineering and construction leaders, senior executives, professionals and managers, we are obliged to steer our companies and organizations to adapt and to redefine our corporate strategy to align business interests with climate change mitigation and adaption.
The Symposium therefore aims to bring in experts and seasoned speakers from Government, academia, public corporations and well-known organizations who are holding key roles in formulating or executing corporate strategies to share views and exchange ideas to plan for and mitigate risks due to extreme weather hits.
The targeted Symposium audiences are professionals and senior management from government, public sector, academia and private enterprises, who have common interests in the subject.
25 Nov 2022
9:00am - 5:00pm
Hong Kong Local Network
Organized by: Management Section, IET Hong Kong
Date: 25th November 2022 (Friday)
Time: 09:00 – 17:00 (with tea and lunch service)
Venue: Ballroom, Level 7, Cordis, Hong Kong At Langham Place, Mong Kok, Kowloon
• Early-bird Rate for members of The IET, company staff of the Sponsors, Supporting Organisaions or colleagues of the speakers (before 1st October 2022): HK$1,600
• Discounted Rate for members of The IET, company staff of the Sponsors, Supporting Organisaions or colleagues of the speakers: HK$1,700
• Normal Rate: HK$1,800
• The fee includes refreshments, lunch and a printed set of the proceedings
Registration form: please click Here
Enquiry: Tel: (852) 2778 1611, Fax: (852) 2778 1711
• Completed registration form with a crossed cheque payable to "The Institution of Engineering and Technology Hong Kong" with marking " Extreme Weather Adaptation - Managing Risk for a Resilient Future " at the back of the cheque, and the cheque should be sent to "The IET Hong Kong, 4405-4406 Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong SAR" c/o The IET Hong Kong Management Section.
• Attendance Certificate will be available to all paid registrants.
• The personal data provided will be used for this symposium only.
• Registration Fee includes refreshments, lunch and a printed set of the proceedings.
• The organiser reserves the rights to make any changes to the programme and speakers without prior notice.
Cordis Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR