This is a foundation session for anyone in business, from leaders to graduates, who needs to develop their confidence and clarity when having honest conversations and giving feedback.
It’s an opportunity to enhance your existing skills in having difficult conversations, structuring information in a non-emotive way, giving clear feedback and delivering messages with empathy and compassion. It will help you understand which types of conversation you struggle the most with – and how to manage them better.
By attending this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Have an understanding of what honest conversations are and why they’re important
- Be able to identify and manage your emotions
- Develop strategies for getting key messages across
- Enhance your ability to give feedback effectively
- Objectives and agenda
- What is a difficult conversation?
- The role emotions play
Planning and preparing
- Where most conversations go wrong
- The A to B model for structuring your honest conversation
- The ladder model
Giving great feedback
- How to structure feedback using the see/saw model
- Case study
Action plan and next steps
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection on next steps
- Planning for implementation of learning in the workplace
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
24 Nov 2022
11:15am - 12:15pm
Course Start: 11:15am
Course Finsih: 12:15 Noon
Free of charge