Introduction to Bidding and Tendering (Cancelled)
The course is designed principally to provide delegates with practical suggestions on how they and their businesses should approach the bidding process in order to maximize their resource utilization and success rates
This business skills course is designed to provide delegates with practical suggestions on how they and their businesses should approach the bidding process to maximise their resource utilisation and success rates as well as gain an appreciation of the bidding and tendering process.
During the course, delegates will be provided with an approach to identify genuine opportunities, highlight discriminators through win themes and value propositions and to structure and develop bid activities within a business unit ensuring resources are used appropriately and efficiently. The individual is challenged to focus upon each specific opportunity to improve the win rate.
By attending this course, delegates will:
- Appreciate the key issues to be considered and evaluated at each stage of the bidding and tendering process;
- Have a better understanding of their relevance and how they can be practically applied;
- Have a better understanding of the importance of singling out winning opportunities;
- Be able to identify and develop a consistent and coherent approach to proposal writing;
- Have an understanding of the terminology, technical and procedural issues pertaining to the initial stages of an acquisition programme;
- Be more commercially aware and able to target their resource where it may have the best outcome.
The delegate will benefit from the knowledge which has been shared to become more focused on establishing genuine opportunities that bring real utility to the company. The company gains personnel who can recognise the strengths the organisation can bring to meet the specific needs of its potential customers. Importantly the organisation should be enabled to optimise its resource on targeted requirements.
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
02 Jul 2020
9:15am - 5:00pm
Reasons to attend
This course is primarily aimed at:
- Business development staff;
- Engineering, project and other staff involved in the development and writing of bids and tenders;
- Contracting and commercial staff;
- Managers involved in the development of company strategy and goals.
- Know your customer
- Know your own business
- The process - expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires, ITTs
- Tender documentation
- EU public procurement regulations
- Standstill period - Alcatel ruling
- Iterative tendering
Issues with bidding overseas
- Currency issues
- Letters of credit
- Banking guarantees
- Business ethics
- Offset/industrial participation
Legal elements of offer and acceptance
- Customer changes
- Proposal review
Bid proposal phase
- The importance of a bid go/no go review
- Value propositions
- The creation of internal and external teams
- Structuring the response
- Identifying win themes
- Capture planning
- Project planning
- Contractual and financial issues intellectual property
- Internal bid review and approval processes