London's Retrofit Revolution: Driving a Green and Fair Recovery
As part of London Climate Action Week Digital, we will be looking at London’s needs for healthier, higher quality, greener and more affordable homes.
As part of London Climate Action Week Digital, we will be looking at London’s needs for healthier, higher quality, greener and more affordable homes. Considering the recovery from COVID-19, can large-scale retrofit provide one solution, delivering social and economic gains, and driving a green recovery?
Solutions are needed that can address the multifaceted challenges that we face. These include improving living standards and health outcomes for Londoners and providing new skills and jobs to drive economic growth. At the same time, there’s a need to ensure that solutions are sustainable and can drive a green recovery, so as to avoid a potential future climate change-driven crisis.
This webinar will examine the challenges by focusing on the following:
- Existing practice in London
- The Greater London Authority - current retrofit programmes in London
- Policy landscape
- UK Green Buildings Council - the policy context from national down to the local level
- Where are the skills gaps and how do we plug them?
- What practical interventions and structures are needed to ensure a skilled workforce is in place and maintained?
- What stimulus packages would be needed?
- How could they be structured and delivered, and by whom?
To learn more about our speakers, register for free today!
Hosted by the IET in partnership with the London Sustainable Development Commission.
03 Jul 2020
10:00am - 11:00am
Strategic Engagement and Partnerships
The event is available to view online only
This event will be streamed live and is available to watch online only from any location across the world.