Mastering Requirements Using MBSE One-day - 'Live' online course
Discover how modelling can help you with requirements engineering. Use modelling for effective identification, analysis, validation and specification of requirements.
On this course, you will learn to
- use the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach for requirements engineering and management
- consider requirements in context, so that you draw out more detail and address them properly
- understand the importance of requirements engineering and its role in system and project life cycles
- master essential requirements terminology and concepts
- implement a model-based requirements approach for your organisation
Who should attend?
Engineers, scientists or managers who deal with requirements engineering or management. No previous experience of modelling is required for this course.
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
12 Oct 2021
9:00am - 4:30pm
'Live' online course delivered via Microsoft Teams
Introduction to MBSE
In this module we cover:
- MBSE in one slide
- Evolution of MBSE in your organisation
Introduction to Requirements Engineering
In this module we cover:
- The importance of the requirements
- The need for requirements engineering
- Requirements engineering vs requirements management modelling
Essential requirement terminology and concepts
In this model we cover:
- Requirements sources
- Requirement description
- Requirement rules
- Stakeholder identification
- Context identification
- Validation of requirements
- Building a domain-specific language for requirements, using an ontology
Implementing a Model-Based requirement approach
In the final module, we cover:
- Creating are requirements framework based on the requirements ontology
- The people, process and tools you will need to successfully put the strategy into effect.
Alignment with UK-SPEC competence:
A1, B: Apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
All courses are delivered by Professor Jon Holt and Simon Perry. Both are internationally recognised authors, tutors and public speakers in the world of requirements engineering. Between them, they have authored fifteen books covering many aspects of systems modelling, including process, modelling, competence, architectures and, of course, requirements engineering.
This course is delivered as a live online course via Microsoft Teams.