How to overcome the challenges of time and space!
During the pandemic many more people have been working and managing remotely. We’ve all had to adapt quickly. Now is an ideal opportunity to take stock and think about what we have learned about working in this type of environment. What are the benefits of managing remotely and how do we take advantage of this knowledge? What are the challenges when we are not working alongside our team members and how can we overcome them?
This 45-minute webinar helps you to identify what you need to do to successfully create an environment of trust, confidence and productivity for your remote and home workers.
By attending this webinar, you will learn how to
- Understand the benefits and challenges of managing remotely
- Learn how to create the right environment
- Assess levels of stress and feelings of isolation
- Work on ways of supporting people to deliver
Benefits and challenges
- Maximising the benefits
- Minimising the challenges
- Considering flexible working going forward
Creating the right environment
- Between manager and team member
- Between team members
- Managing with trust
Looking after our wellbeing
- Using the demand, control, support model
- Watching out for feelings of stress and isolation
Actions and next steps
- Personal action planning
- Next steps
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
05 Aug 2021
11:15am - 12:15pm
Trainer: Scott Rumsey
11:15 Webinar Begins
12:15 Webinar Ends
Free of charge