Living in the Internet of Things:
Cybersecurity of the IoT - A PETRAS, IoTUK & IET Event
28 - 29 March 2018 | IET London: Savoy Place
Author information – submitting an abstract
|Abstract submission deadline extended||20 November 2017|
|Author notification||Friday 8 December 2017|
|Full paper submission deadline (+ licence to publish)||Monday 15 January 2018|
|Author registration deadline||Tuesday 27 February 2018|
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper to the conference.
The online submission system is now open for the submission of full papers which must be submitted by Monday 15 January 2018.
Use of the full paper template is mandatory and only full papers following the instructions provided below will be considered.
Please leave enough time when writing your paper for your company or employer’s approval / review if this required.
Writing a full paper
- Please use full paper template
- Full papers are required for both oral and poster presentations. Full papers must be submitted using the template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template
- All final papers must be submitted in PDF format according to the instructions within the full paper template
- Your paper should not exceed ten sides of A4 paper, including references and diagrams
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
Full papers must be submitted by Monday 15 January 2018.
Submitting a full paper
Check very carefully that all the information you have provided is correct.
Here is a checklist of what you should have provided and how to submit your full paper:
- Access the online submission system. Please use the reset password service if you have forgotten your password
- Click on the edit button
- Check the title is still correct
- Browse to upload or drag and drop your full paper PDF
- Ensure all authors are listed correctly, including the presenting author(s)
- Ensure affiliations are correct. This is for the organisation you represent, e.g. London Power Associates Ltd
- Click Submit to complete. You will then receive a confirmation email
If we do not receive your full paper by 15 January 2018 we will assume you no longer wish to participate in the conference and will be removed from the programme.
Reviewing of a full paper
All full papers are subject to review by the Technical Programme Committee.
You will receive a confirmation after this review has been completed to re-confirm your place in the programme.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by Tuesday 27 February 2018, to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings. Register to attend.
Authors may only register against a maximum of two papers. Authors presenting more than two papers must pay the additional paper fee.
The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation or the paper will not be published.
Each paper should be the authors’ original work and previously unpublished in the form submitted.
Poster presentation instructions
In addition to your written paper included in the conference proceedings, authors selected for a poster presentation will be asked to produce and bring a printed poster for display in the poster area at the conference.
At the conference in the catering / exhibition area there will be a board with a poster header listing your paper title for you to display your poster on.
The IET will provide Velcro to stick them to the boards.
During the breaks and at lunch time or dedicated poster session you are required to spend some time at your poster as it is your opportunity to present your work directly to other delegates.
Your poster display
The poster board size is portrait A0
You should clearly display the following information on your poster:
- The title of your paper
- The authors’ names and their affiliations
- Your usual contact details (e.g. an email address) to allow delegates to follow up discussion
- Your display should consist chiefly of keywords, diagrams, photographs, etc.
- Diagrams and graphs should have clear captions
- All text should be easy to read
- Use colour to emphasise important features
- All graphs and diagrams should be drawn with thick lines (preferably 1mm or more in width)
- Handwritten text or diagrams are not recommended
- The display should be visually appealing and should contain the essence of your paper in a form that is easy to understand
- Try to attract the registrants to your poster. Unless they come to it, you cannot expect to have a discussion with them
- The poster can contain visuals that were not present in your paper
- The poster display is important. It is recommended that as much time and effort with its preparation as you did with your written paper
Permission to publish
In submitting a paper to Living in the Internet of Things, the IET requests authors to return a licence to publish form for the submitted work.
The form must be signed by at least one of the authors.
The form can be uploaded to the submission system at paper submission stage. Alternatively, you can send the complete form to us:
Please insert your paper title and abstract or serial number in the appropriate place, sign and return the form to the event organisers by any of the following methods:
‘Living in the Internet of Things’ Organisers
The IET - Event Services
Michael Faraday House
Six Hills Way
Authors reserve the following rights:
- All copyright
- All proprietary rights, such as patent right
The IET will hold the copyright for the collection of papers, or Proceedings.
If the paper is Crown or US Government copyright please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the appropriate publishing agreement form.
If the IET does not receive one of the above signed forms, we will be unable to publish the paper in the conference proceedings, INSPEC or IEEE Xplore.
The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
Notification of acceptance
8 December 2017
Full paper submission deadline
15 January 2018
Author registration deadline
27 February 2018