Preparing for Professional Registration
If your aim is to achieve professional registration, we can help you prepare to achieve the best result
Professional registration can enhance your career prospects by recognising your skills and experience and demonstrating your commitment to professionalism. These professional qualifications are peer assessed and internationally recognised.
Benefits of registration:
- Recognition as a professional in your field;
- Improved self-motivation, career opportunities and salary prospects;
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry;
- Confirmation that you are a competent engineer and/or IT professional;
- Connecting you with innovative, influential and inspirational people;
- International recognition of your qualifications.
Our Preparing for Professional Registration course will take you through the requirements of UK-SPEC and the process of preparing and submitting an application. You will learn how to plan, record and review your professional development as you progress towards registration, including how to assess your skill level against the relevant framework and how those supporting you can help along the way.
This Professional Development course will teach you how to:
- Use competencies for professional development;
- Assess your skill level against the UK-SPEC framework;
- Collect appropriate evidence to demonstrate your competence;
- Get started and develop a good relationship with your mentor;
- Make the most of your support network;
- Access tools and support available from the IET;
- Use Career Manager to prepare and submit your application online.
Continuing Professional Development
This event can contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
21 Jan 2020
9:00am - 5:00pm
Reasons to attend
This Professional Development course is designed for anyone looking to become professionally registered with the IET.