The real future of energy – will the customer ever be king?
The IET President's Address
5 October 2017 | IET London: Savoy Place
Our energy systems have been developed by government and industry over a number of decades with key decisions being made from the top-down over its future operation, delivering great benefits to consumers over a long period of time.
However with the need to decarbonise our energy system being ever more present, consumer voice and consumer choice now play a prominent role in shaping the market, products and services available and may allow the customer to finally be king.
The IET President’s Address will highlight how the challenges these changes will bring, will provide exciting opportunities for our engineers working in the energy sector as the industry must learn to innovate quickly in new products and services, invest in infrastructure and to continually integrate a complex and fast-moving energy system.
EngTalk showcase companies
Chair of Energy Systems Catapult and Multiple Sclerosis Society and Non-Executive Director at Kier Group
In the news
Big Six must shift to local green power, smarter services, say former industry chiefs (source: Energy Live News)
UK’s largest EV charging network goes 100% green (source: Energy Live News)
Ofgem strategy 'limited', warns FPSA chair (source: Utility Week)
- Showcasing the world’s very best science, engineering and technology innovators
- Fascinating, interactive events on hot scientific topics
- Featuring cutting-edge speakers, thinkers and doers
- For people and professionals concerned about the future of science
- Hosted by the world’s most multi-disciplinary professional engineering membership organisation
- Building on the IET’s Prestige Lectures, which have ignited debate for over a century
Do you have some exciting relevant technology, projects or innovative materials that you would like to showcase to fellow guests at our EngTalks?
We have the perfect opportunity for you.
A number of table tops will be available at no cost for select organisations to showcase interesting developments in this area.
Apply for your place to firstname.lastname@example.org