Roads fit for the future
A workshop on what automotive and road infrastructure technology is coming on stream up to 2025
We all hear a great deal about how connected and self-driving vehicles will help address traffic problems in the future decades, but what is not so clear is what automotive technology is already available or coming in the next few years.
This workshop will focus on:
- technology is coming on stream up to 2025, how it will be introduced, what is the anticipated take up, what are the implications of using it, any associated costs and how they can access it.
- how roads authorities can make the most of the opportunities coming out of the automotive and service provider industry.
- helping the automotive and service provider community to understand the “art of the possible” for UK road operators.
- Identifying practical, real-world applications of emerging technology.
19 Sep 2019
12:00pm - 4:00pm
Strategic Engagement and Partnerships
ITS Policy Lead - Department for Transport
Senior Technology and Innovation Manager - SMMT
Reasons to attend
This workshop will be of benefit to the following;
- Roads Authority staff
- Suppliers of roadside and in-vehicle systems
- Service providers
- Telecom suppliers
- Automotive insurers
IET London: Savoy Place
The London headquarters of the IET.