The 7th International Conference on Renewable Power Generation
26 - 27 September 2018 | DTU, Lyngby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Power to Gas: The missing link for the energy transition?
The massive deployment of intermittent renewable energies will require the development of infrastructure of energy storage. Power to gas solution offers an electric grid service and a massive energy storage. It also addresses several markets, indeed Power to Gas is a link between the different energy networks. The conversion of electricity to hydrogen (PtH2) and to methane (PtCH4) followed by an injection into the gas grid or stored in tanks allows long-term storage.
This special session aims at bringing together industrial experts, business and technical solution developers, hydrogen and methane end-users and researchers to create the focus and critical mass for accelerating the onset of hydrogen economy by using hydrogen solutions for grid services. The carbon dioxide captured from flue gas, biogas or from atmosphere and converted into methane allows the storage and the transportation of hydrogen for current mature markets.
The topics explored in this special session will be but are not limited to:
- Theoretical/practical case studies for using hydrogen and methane solutions for grid services from either technical or business perspective or both
- Main building blocks used for power to gas systems
- Presentation of some demonstration projects implemented in Europe and other places
- Knowledge and experience learned from design, testing or operation of PtH2 and PtCH4 solutions for grid services
- Perspective of economic models of power to gas
2 March 2018
Full paper submission deadline:
27 April 2018
22 June 2018
Author registration deadline:
21 July 2018
Presentation submission deadline:
14 September 2018