Site visit : QinetiQ site at MOD Aberporth
Hosted by Gareth Potts, Engineering Manager, QinetiQ Aberporth
• MOD Aberporth provides a large secure safety area for the testing of air launched weapons and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
• QinetiQ operates the Range at Aberporth on behalf of UK MOD under what is known as the Long Term Partnering Agreement (LTPA).
• The purpose of the LTPA is to deliver defence test, evaluation and training support services to ensure air launched weapon systems, associated sub-systems and UAS are safe and fit for purpose.
18 Apr 2019
10:00am - 3:00pm
Wales South West Local Network
Due to the nature of the visit there are some restrictions on this event.
• Open to the public, but over 18’s only. Spaces are limited and allocated in order of date booked
• Registration required by 01/03/2019 followed by further contact with attendees for security clearance (Name, Address, Nationality required).
• Shared transport to the location may be possible. Spaces are limited and allocated on date of booking.
Engineering Manager - Qientiq Aberporth
• Gareth is a Chartered Engineer with 30 years’ experience working at Aberporth Range, during this time he has developed extensive skills in a number of disciplines including engineering practices, management, finance, trials delivery, health, safety and environment and equipment development.
• His key strengths include more than 20 years of leadership experience and a depth of knowledge which allows him to provide expert advice across a range of forums.
Free of charge
|Register before 1 March 2019|