New Challenges in Tribology 2019
The science of reducing corrosion, friction and wear.
27 - 28 March 2019 | IET Birmingham: Austin Court
Tribology is the study of friction, wear, lubrication, and the design of bearings; the science of interacting surfaces in relative motion.
This two-day event will address the current challenges in Tribology, along with the developments of materials, corrosion and surface coatings.
This event will bring together leading members from the community to hear key information from our invited speakers.
First day opening speaker
Dr Michael Burkinshaw
Cummins Turbo Technologies
Second day opening speaker
Dr Martin Kuenecke
Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST
Call for posters
- 2 x £150 cash prize available for the daily winners
- Enter the competition to gain recognition for your achievements
- Present to the audience about your work- ‘2 min lightning round’
- Showcase your work and get expert feedback
- Meet potential employers from industry and academia
- One lead presenter of each accepted poster will receive free registration for both days of the event
- Network with your peers
Reasons to attend
- The two days will provide links with both specialised Tribology topic and Materials and Surface Coatings industries
- Submit a poster entry and be part of the Poster Competition
- Invited speakers will give an overview of this important developing field
- A discussion panel session will offer a unique opportunity to seek solutions to problems
- Extended intervals between sessions will offer excellent networking opportunities
- Members new to the field and students will have an opportunity to obtain an update in the field
- Network with fellow community members
- This event will qualify for 7 CPD hrs per day.
One day only:
Member - £30
Non member - £50
Student - £20
Retired - £20
For the two days:
Member - £50
Non member - £70
Student - £30
Retired - £30
Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities for this event are available. If interested, please contact Veronica Kopec for more information.