Women in Engineering
Creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce
22 June 2018 | IET Birmingham: Austin Court
2018 is the Year of Engineering: however the percentage of women in the engineering profession remains low and not enough girls are showing an interest in STEM. Be at the forefront of the solution and join engineering leaders to tackle this industry-wide challenge.
Through presentations, panel discussions and 12 practical workshops, you can engage in debate and discussion, gain best-practice guidance and take a closer look at how to inspire, attract, recruit and retain more women in your organisation.
The IET Women in Engineering Conference is proud to be associated with the International Women In Engineering Day on 23 June 2018.
Speakers and workshop leaders include
- Eva Fryc, Employer Support Manager, EngineeringUK
- David Lakin, Education 5-19 Manager, IET
- Alice Mallen, Head of HR Rotary and Mission Systems UK, Lockheed Martin
- Richard Chapman-Harris, Group Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Mott MacDonald
- Elizabeth Quintana, Head of Satellite Industry Engagement, OFCOM
Attend to gain new insight into
- Tackling unconscious bias at every level
- Engaging with schools, colleges and universities to encourage girls to see engineering as a credible career for themselves
- Creating recruitment strategies which target women coming out of education
- Practical ideas for bridging the pay gap at entry and board level
- How you can become an employer of choice for women
Celebrating and supporting